Tropical Coconut Chia Pudding
I love chia pudding, especially as the mornings start to get a little warmer and that craving for something cool and creamy returns. They are so refreshing and can of course be nicely hydrating, if you make sure you give the little chia seeds ample liquid to swell up to full capacity before consuming them!
Layered with my favourite fruits – juicy ripe kiwi and mango – an extra drizzle of honey, agave or coconut nectar depending on your dietary preference only heightens the sweet pleasure of a spoonful of this chia pudding.
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Servings - 1 large, or 2 small
- 40g Just Natural Organic chia seeds
- 200ml Organic Kitchen coconut milk
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or liquid sugar of choice)
- 1 tbsp Just Natural Organic desiccated coconut, toasted
- ½ a ripe mango, diced
- 2 kiwis, diced
- Just Natural Organic almonds, cacao nibs, or desiccated coconut (or almond butter and liquid sweetener of choice) for serving
- Mix together the chia seeds, coconut milk, water, maple syrup, and desiccated coconut in a large bowl or jug. Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Stir after that, as the seeds will initially settle, and then place into the fridge overnight (or for at least a few hours).
- Layer the chia pudding up in a jar or glass with fruit, nuts, cacao nibs, coconut… Whatever your pleasure! Finally, top with almond butter and a little more sweetness (only if desired, of course).