Dinners don’t get much simpler than this... Nor do such simple suppers tend to be as deliciously tasty!
Speedy, delicious, and made with minimal store cupboard ingredients – you can add some beans or chickpeas if you want a little more protein in addition to the nuts, but sometimes all you need is a big bowl of carbs, to be honest…
Preparation Time -5 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Servings - 2
- 200g Prima Italia gluten-free organic spaghetti (or pasta of choice; dry weight)
- 2 tbsp Organic Kitchen extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1x 400g tin of Organic Kitchen chopped tomatoes or 400ml Organic Kitchen passata
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp black olives, pitted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Just Natural roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Put the pasta on to cook according to packeted instructions.
- Add the olive oil to a pan over a medium heat.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pan, with the chilli flakes. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the passata (or chopped tomatoes) and the maple syrup.
- Stir in the olives and then season to taste. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
- Serve with a little more black pepper and chopped, roasted hazelnuts sprinkled over the top. You can also add some more chilli flakes if your gastronomic desires err on the spicy side…