Summer Coconut Tahini Curry
Think chunks of tofu laced with a creamy yet fresh curry sauce. Tahini is my star ingredient at the moment and works beautifully here (much like any nut butter) to thicken the sauce without the need for any starches or having to simmer it for hours on end.
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Servings - 4
- 1 x 400g tin of Organic Kitchen coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Just Natural Organic cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 blocks of tofu, diced
- 1 tbsp Organic Kitchen extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 small courgettes, chopped
- 1 cup sweetcorn, frozen or tinned
- Blend together the coconut milk through to the lemon juice in a jug using a hand blender (or blend in a NutriBullet or stand-alone blender). Set to one side.
- Add the oil to a large pan and tumble in the diced tofu once hot. Cook for about 8 minutes, tossing to get all the sides nicely browned.
- Remove the tofu from the pan and set to one side.
- Add the courgette, garlic, and sweetcorn to the pan in the same oil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Return the tofu to the pan, along with the sauce. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Can be served with some fresh herbs, cucumber, toasted nuts or seeds, and a dollop of whatever dairy-free yogurt you like!