Tofu Tahini Scramble
It’s so easy to scramble up a block of tofu and add a tonne of seasoning. Part of me loves it more than scrambled eggs themselves! A great alternative to start the day with some satisfying protein and switch up your usual bowl of porridge to something savoury – I also like to add some tahini or cashew butter to the mix to make it a little creamier and oh so satisfying…
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Servings - 2 large
- 1 tbsp Prima Italia olive oil
- 1 x 400g block of firm tofu
- 1 tsp Just Natural Organic turmeric
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tahini (or you can opt for cashew butter instead)
- 2 tbsp Organic Kitchen coconut milk
- Just Natural Organic pumpkin seeds (toasted), with kale (wilted in the oven), and a toasted slice of sourdough or two to serve
- Heat a large pan and add your olive oil.
- Crumble up your block of tofu into the pan, add the turmeric, paprika, and salt and stir well to combine. Fry the tofu scramble for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tahini (or cashew butter), along with the coconut milk, and continue to cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes.
- Serve up with veggies of choice. I personally love the suggested wilted kale, toasted seeds, and chunky sourdough toast… Delish!