Sweet Potato Chickpea Green Curry
A super easy, super green curry with hidden spinach for an extra pop of colour and nutritional boost. You simply blend up the sauce, add the veggies, and leave to simmer – or you can go the extra mile and roast up some chickpeas and sweet potato for a greater depth of flavour and a little more texture! Whatever you have the time for. The sauce is the real show-stopper here.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 - 25 minutes
- 5 tbsp Thai Green Curry paste
- 400ml Organic Kitchen coconut milk (full fat, not light)
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 150ml water
- 2 large handfuls of organic baby leaf spinach**
- 1 clove of garlic or ½ tsp Just Natural Organic garlic granules
- 1 x 400g tin of Organic Kitchen chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic ground chilli
- 1 tbsp Prima Italia extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup snow peas or mangetout
- Just Natural Organic short grain brown rice (to serve)
- Just Natural Organic flaked almonds, toasted (to serve)*
- Combine the green curry paste, coconut milk, tahini paste, water, spinach, and choice of garlic in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Dice the sweet potato and toss with chilli powder and olive oil.
- Roast on a baking tray in the preheated oven.
- Add the roast sweet potato and chickpeas to the sauce, allow to simmer for 5 minutes before adding in the snow peas or mangetout for a final 2- 3 minutes just to lightly cook; you want them to hold their vibrant colour and a little crunch!
- Serve short grain brown rice and sprinkling of toasted almond flakes
*Toast in the oven on a baking tray at 160°C (300°F) for 5 - 8 minutes; keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn! **The organic spinach stalks and leaves themselves are so much more tender