Chickpea Salad Sambo
This couldn’t be easier (and it’s so tasty!). Far better than any egg or tuna sandwich could ever be. Delicious straight from the bowl with a side of nachos (or crackers), or served up between two slices of your favourite bread. Nom nom nom.
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Servings - 2
- 1 x 400g tin of Organic Kitchen chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Organic Kitchen oat drink (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- ½ a small red onion, finely chopped (or 2 spring onions, finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic dill
- ¼ tsp Just Natural Organic ground cumin
- 2 small pickles, finely diced (or I tbsp capers)
- Place the chickpeas into a large bowl and mash about ¾ of them using a potato masher (or you could pulse them in your food processor, instead).
- Mix together the tahini through to the non-dairy milk in a bowl or jug.
- Add the onion through to the pickles (or capers) to the chickpeas and stir well to combine.
- Pour over the tahini dressing.
- Mix well and serve as desired. This will keep in the fridge for a couple of days in a sealed tight container.